Return to Help Index
|All About Fins|
|How to Shape & Make a Surfboard : What Do the Fins on the Surfboard Do?
How to Choose a Surfboard : Tips for How Surfboard Fins & Tails Work
Making a Fin Template 1.
Making a Fin Template 2.
Making a Fin Template 3.
Surfboard Fin Tutorial.
Wavegrinder Surfboard Fin explained .
How to Shape a Surfboard : How to Mark Fin Placement on a Surfboard
Surf Sufficient - How to Foil and Longboard Fin .
Retro Wood Fins
|How To Make A Wood Surfboard|
|1) You order your kit here picking the size and style you want.
2) The kits are cut from mahogany on a CNC machine (don't you wish you had one!)
3) Your frame kit arrives at your front door in custom package and UPS guy swears at you for the order.
4) The ribs and spar are punched out and the frame is built just like an airplane wing (remember those?)
5) The numbered ribs are slipped into notches in the spar.
6) Ribs and spar are mounted using scrap sticks and a hot melt glue gun (don't sniff the gun bro).
7) The center strip is critical and is the first one installed. The remaining wood strips are added two at a time.
8) Plastic wrapping film (or clamps) is stretched into a string and looped around and under the ribs to hold the planks tight while the glue dries. Or just get your wife to hold them for a few hours while you go surf.
9) Once deck if finished the frame is extremely rigid, the sticks are snapped off and the glue spots removed.
10) Blocks are added at the tail for the fin box and leash cup.
11) The bottom planks are installed and rough balsa planks on the bottom (or whatever you want).
12) The edges are sanded until the deck and bottom are even.
13) The rails are built up in layers using balsa or other light wood.
14) Send it to the glasser or glass it yourself.
15) Crack a beer, you did a great job!
|Make Your Own Organic Surfboard Wax|
Wave Tribe DIY Organic Wax
Here are the ingredients:
For Sticky Warm Water Surf Wax:
With this recipe you don't have to worry about the scent as it will smell really nice already thanks to the coconut oil.
All you do is mix 2,250 grams of beeswax with 750 ml of coconut oil.
melt the wax, then warm the oil and stir into the wax.
Stir well, stir some more, and then continue stirring.
paper cups and let it set.
Strip your board of the petroleum wax.
Rub on new wax.
|How do I buy/redeem a gift certificate?|
|To purchase a gift certificate for someone, click here. If you are the recipient of a gift certificate and would like to redeem your gift certificate, click here.|
|How do I find my product?|
|To find the product(s) you're looking for, you may (1) use the navigation menus on the top, left & bottom of our website. (2) type a keyword into the SEARCH box. If you have any trouble locating a product, feel free to contact customer service for assistance.|
|How do I navigate the site?|
|To navigate this website, simply click on a category you might be interested in. Categories are located on the top, left & bottom of our website. QUICK TIP: Place your mouse cursor over anything you think could be a clickable link. You'll notice that anytime you scroll over something that is a link, your mouse cursor will become a "hand". Whereas scrolling over anything that is NOT a link will leave your cursor as an "arrow". You may also type a keyword into the SEARCH box to quickly find a specific product. If you have any trouble locating a product, feel free to contact customer service for assistance.|
|How do I use a coupon?|
|After adding items to your cart, click the "View Cart" link at the top of this site to view your cart. At the bottom of the shopping cart you'll see a box where you may enter your coupon code.|